Clake Pro Lever
The Pro Lever is an easy clutch with reduced pull combined with a hand-operated rear brake. Like the Clake 2, it uses our special mechanism for the clutch to have a reduced pull but with no extra lever travel needed. Unlike the Clake 2, the Pro Lever features just the one lever which first disengages the clutch, then progressively applies the rear brake.
In any situations where less rear brake is wanted, a simple sideways pressure on the lever automatically reduces application of the rear brake. The ergonomics of this lever ensure that riders can start experiencing the many benefits of the Pro Lever within minutes.
Like the Clake 2, the Pro Lever if fully adjustable through a range of profiled cams, and also greatly reduces stalling ƒ?? any time you use the rear brake the clutch is automatically disengaged and it has become a popular alternative to auto-clutches for riders who still want to have full control over their clutch.
Advantages Of The Clake Pro Lever
- Even simpler operation than the Clake 2.
- Ability to easily reduce the amount of rear brake by applying inward pressure to the lever.
- Easy clutch¶ÿfor less arm pump, single finger use and better grip on the bars.
- Anti-stall as the clutch disengages before the rear brake applies.
- Right leg off the peg for stability when braking into right hand corners.
- Your right foot maintains optimum footpeg position regardless of braking.
- Leaning the bike over in tight turns over does not affect rear brake access.
- Effortless transition from rear brake slide to a power slide exit from corners.
- Much easier to cover the rear brake during wheelies and prevent flipping.
- Easier rear brake access on steep downhills.
- More control for advanced techniques such pivot turns.
- Starts on steep uphills are easier with both feet on the ground.
- Rear brake access when in deep ruts and tight spaces.
- Ability to apply rear brake when off the bike e.g. bull dogging¶ÿdownhill.
- Brake control kept even if the foot is knocked off the peg e.g. a tank slapper.
- No stalling if rear brake applied during a jump to bring the front end down.
- No stalling¶ÿor weighting the right peg by jabbing the pedal in¶ÿpanic stops.
- Suitable for beginners starting and stopping with both feet on the ground.
- Ideal for riders with a disability or injury affecting their right leg.
Technical Side Of The Clake Pro Lever
The Pro Lever uses similar technology to the Clake SLR to achieve far greater performance than other left hand rear brake (LHRB) systems. It also uses the same force balancing system from the Clake One Light clutch to significantly reduce the clutch pull needed.
Apart from the on-the-fly adjustment of clutch and brake overlap, there is also a wide range of cams available that can be used to fine tune exactly how the clutch and rear brake are applied.¶ÿAll the major components are CNC machined inhouse from 6061 aircraft grade alloy to maintain the highest quality control standards.
The Dual Control System
There is the option of replacing the rear brake pedal completely, or you can choose the Dual Control system which provides the needed components so you retain the rear brake pedal. The Dual Control option allows you to¶ÿchange between hand and foot operation of the rear brake seamlessly.¶ÿ