The Clake 2 is an easy clutch with reduced pull combined with a hand-operated rear brake. The inside lever operates the clutch only, and uses our special mechanism to have a reduced pull but with no extra lever travel needed. The outer lever first disengages the clutch, then progressively applies the rear brake.
One of the key advantages of this is its anti-stall nature – every time you apply the rear brake you can’t stall the engine. It is why the Clake 2 has become a very popular alternative to traditional auto-clutches and their drawbacks.
The amount of overlap between the clutch and rear brake is adjustable between acting as a slipper clutch or as an anti-stall feature. The Clake 2 can improve your riding in a similar way to the Clake SLR but has many further advantages too.
Advantages Of Riding With The Clake TWO
- The ability to independently operate either the clutch or rear brake.
- Easy clutch for less arm pump, single finger use and better grip on the bars.
- On-the-fly adjuster for clutch disengagement from rear brake use (anti-stall).
- Right leg off the peg for stability when braking into right hand corners.
- Your right foot maintains optimum footpeg position regardless of braking.
- Leaning the bike over in tight turns over does not affect rear brake access.
- Effortless transition from rear brake slide to a power slide exit from corners.
- Much easier to cover the rear brake during wheelies and prevent flipping.
- Easier rear brake access on steep downhills.
- More control for advanced techniques such pivot turns.
- Starts on steep uphills are easier with both feet on the ground.
- Rear brake access when in deep ruts and tight spaces.
- Ability to apply rear brake when off the bike e.g. bull dogging downhill.
- Brake control kept even if the foot is knocked off the peg e.g. a tank slapper.
- No stalling if rear brake applied during a jump to bring the front end down.
- No stalling or weighting the right peg by jabbing the pedal in panic stops.
- Suitable for beginners starting and stopping with both feet on the ground.
- Ideal for riders with a disability or injury affecting their right leg.
The Technical Side Of The Clake TWO
The Clake 2 uses similar technology to the Clake SLR to achieve far greater performance than other left hand rear brake (LHRB) systems. It also uses the same force balancing system from the Clake One Light clutch to significantly reduce the clutch pull needed.
You can adjust the degree of clutch and brake overlap without taking your gloves off, there is also a wide range of cams available that can be used to fine tune exactly how the clutch and rear brake are applied. All the major components are CNC-machined inhouse from 6061 aircraft grade alloy to maintain the highest quality control standards.
The Dual Control System
There is the option of replacing the rear brake pedal completely, or you can choose the Dual Control system which retains the rear brake pedal so you change between hand and foot operation of the rear brake seamlessly.